Instagram is now testing the Shop tab in the navigation menu by replacing the activity tab for a few select users. Here is what you need to know in a nutshell.
- Instead of the ❤️ icon in Instagram’s navigation menu, it will be replaced with a shopping bag 🛍️ icon.
- The Instagram Shop section was introduced back in May. It was only available in the US, but users around the world will now be able to access the “new” Shop section.
- Instagram shopping is where you can browse and buy products without leaving the app.
- Users who aren’t part of this test can access Instagram shopping via the Explore tab.
- In this new version, users will only see products from brands they follow: it is a personally curated feed of products from brands that users are already interested in.
- The older version of the Instagram Shop through the Explore tab shows products from a wider selection of retailers.
- Products can be filtered by category: Travel, Beauty, Clothing & Accessories, Home, Jewelry, Watches, etc.
- Some products can be purchased directly on the app of Instagram, some others need to be purchased on the retailer’s website.
- Goal of the Testing: To determine the best way to roll out the feature to everyone in the future.
- For Businesses: You can list products in the Instagram shopping section for free. It is a great way to share your products to your followers and potential new buyers. You can read more about it here: How to set up Instagram Shopping, a step-by-step guide for opening an Instagram shopfront.
Find this useful? Like, comment, share it!